In 2014 the new neutrals are part of an eclectic rainbow of both brights and pastels: punchy magenta, soft lilac, intense sky blue and others. This colors are thrilling and stunning and are becoming more familiar to the eye.
Here you can see the most amazing makeup colors for this spring.
When Pantone named radiant orchid its color of the year, the purple-tinged pink turned up in abundant supply in spring’s new makeup. Swipe the bullet directly onto your lips, then rub a cotton swab over the edges of your mouth to blur the lines.
1. Shiseido Perfect Rouge in RS 452
2. NYC New York Color Expert Last Lipstick in Air Kiss
3. Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Apocaliptic
4. Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream in Crianza
5. Yves Saint Laurent Gloss Volupté in 206
A smudge of dark, moody blue-green brings a much-needed rabble-rouser attitude to a spring garden party. Spread it all around the outer corners of your eyes, using your fingertip to soften the edges.
1. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Rocky Mountain Green
2. Inglot Colour Play Eyeliner in 206
3. Estée Lauder Pure Color Stay on Shadow Paint in 10 Extreme Emerald
4. Maybelline New York Color Tattoo by Eye Studio 24HR Eyeshadow in Edgy Emerald
5. Nars Eyeliner in Puerta del Sol
LAVENDER EYES AND LIPS
Lavender, a spring staple, now comes with unexpected undertones of gold and bronze shimmer. Use it in place of the usual duo of brown eye shadow and pink-y nude lip gloss for a soft daytime look.
1. Hard Candy Mod Quad Baked Eye Shadow in Under the Moon
2. Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Pulse
3. Vincent Longo Cream Gel Eyeliner in Flamenco
4. Mary Kay Cream Color Eye Color in Violet Storm
5. Nars Lip Gloss in Annés Follies
6. Laura Mercier Eye Shadow in African Violet
GOLD CHEEKS, EYES, AND LIPS
Our favorite shade: gold. Choose a cream shadow and liquid highlighter on your lids and cheekbones, then a gold-flecked gloss on your lips.
1. Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer in 4
2. Dior Diorshow Fusion Mono Eye Shadow in Météore
3. CoverGirl LipSlicks Smoochies Sizzle Gloss in Firecracker
4. Lancôme Color Design Eye Shadow in 24 Karat
5. Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow in Gilded Gold
6. CoverGirl TruMatch The Luminizer in Gold
What would you do if we told you that orange is going to be your new everyday lipstick color? For real: It was so prevalent on the spring runways that makeup artists are even trading in red for it.
1. M.A.C. Lipstick in Morange
2. Dolce & Gabbana Lipstick in Tropical
3. Illamasqua Lip Color in Soaked
4. Dior Lipstick in Rendez-Vous
5. Maybelline Lipstick in Electric Orange
CERULEAN BLUE SHADOW
Picture a Lichtenstein lithograph—that Pop Art effect is what you want from blue shadow this season. It’s ballsy, it’s unexpected, and “it’s actually quite glam if you keep the rest of your makeup very simple.”
1. Stila Smudge Stick in Cobalt
2. L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Eyeliner in Cobalt
3. NYX Gel Liner in Cobalt Blue
4. CoverGirl LiquilineBlast Eyeliner Pencil in Blue Boom
5. Lancôme Long-Lasting Liner in Blue Oasis
White, in all its crisp and beautiful simplicity, can be very punk rock as makeup. Go for a sheer matte powder and press it on lids with your finger for a transparent effect. Keep skin dewy and finish with lots of mascara.
1. Burberry Eye Shadow in Porcelain White
2. Make Up For Ever Eye Shadow in 0
3. Sephora Matte Shadow in Let it Snow
4. M.A.C. Eye Shadow in Gesso
5. Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow in White
METALLIC MOSS SHADOW
Remember Chanel’s wildly popular Alchimie nail polish? Imagine it as an eye shadow, and you have the season’s prettiest, most unexpected neutral. Use it to line your eyes and wing it out at the outer corners.
1. Flower Eye Shadow Chubby in Olive My Love
2. Laura Mercier Eye Shadow in Sherazade
3. Almay Shadow Softies in Moss
4. L’Oréal Infallible Eye Shadow in Golden Sage
5. Sephora Eye Shadow in Planet Earth
SATURATED PASTEL NAILS
Usually, spring pastels are sweet. But in shocking sky blue or acid lemon yellow, they become incredibly sexy.
1. Rimmel London 60 Seconds nail polish in Blue My Mind
2. Essie nail polish in Pop Art Pink
3. Sally Hansen Triple Shine nail polish in Lemon Shark
4. OPI Nail Lacquer in Where Did Suzie’s Mango?